We all have down days. It’s life. But it doesn’t stop them being any less shitty!
When I’m feeling bad, I look at the questions below and try to answer at least five of them.
It isn’t momentous, and I don’t know why it works for me – but it does. I think it’s the idea that you’ve at least done some good with your day – you’ve achieved something. It might not make everything better but it does help to brighten your day a little.
Next time you’re feeling a bit crap, try it and see.
- Did you listen to anything interesting today?
- If you could do any part of today over again, what would it b?
- Will you remember any specific part of today a year from now? Five years from now?
- Did you take any photographs today?
- What app did you open most today?
- How can you make your day easier in five minutes?
- If you were leaving for a holiday tonight, where would you want to go?
- If you won £500 right now to spend on yourself, what would you buy?
- If your day was turned into a film, who would you cast?
- What did you say today that you could never have expected to come out of your mouth?
- What did you do to take care of yourself today?
- When did you feel appreciated today?
- If you could guarantee one thing for tomorrow, what would it be?
- If you traded places with someone tomorrow, what advice would you give them?
- What made you laugh today?
- Did you side-eye anyone today? Why?
- Did you read anything today?
- Have you given anyone a compliment today?